[Sca-cooks] Packets!!!

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 8 06:28:44 PST 2002

Wow!  I went to the post box this morning and found a little pink slip in
there.  While standing in line waiting to collect my packet I was trying to
think who it could be from.  I occured to me that it must be the clay press
from Cindy so I was doing the happy dance and surprized how quickly it got
to me.  So I hand my pink paper over to the man and he comes back with _two_
packets!

One says "Toy- Do Not Crush" with a return address of Cindy.  Thanks Cindy!
I'll send off the money today.  It looks like it may be a handy little toy
for my kitchen.  I shall experiment tonight and report back on the morrow.

The other box says 'Medical College of Ohio'.  Now I am worried.  I don't
recall being ill or looking for replacement parts or volunteering to give
away replacement parts (till I'm dead) or being part of some study.  So I
turn the box over and see another name - L. Smithson.  Who's that?  Not in
my book!  Is it a trick?  No, I'm not important enough for a bomb.  Maybe I
should open it!  Oh.  Here it says there's a letter enclosed.  Let's
see...someone couldn't resist...returned from England with way too much
chocolate and goodies...sending other examples of how the English won't let
a good cookie go unimproved...English Christmas cake!...Earl Grey
tea...McVities Caramels..Fox's Crunchies...WOW..IT'S FROM OUR HELEWYSE!
Hey, did you guys know that KitKat makes orange?  My word.  The aroma coming
out of the box is heavenly.  That tea does _not_ smell like the Earl Grey I
have ever smelled before.  It says here you got it at a tea merchant in
Bath.  Now I need to send this off and go make a cup.

Well.  My day is very special thanks to two wonderful friends.  Gee.  Every
day should start this way!

Hope you all have a wonderfully special day as well.

Lady Olwen the Odd
Clan of Odds
House Blackstar
Bright Hills Cooks Guild