[Sca-cooks] RE: Food Allergies of Royalty

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 9 11:28:16 PST 2002

Kael asked, of HRM East:

>>> Is she planning on advertising her allergies?  I hadn't heard
>>> that she has any food allergies, and I know that if I were
>>> planning on cooking for a royal progress I would want to know.

When I did 12th Night (last Saturday - well received, people stuffed, and UNDER budget before I did the returns, happy dance!) I or the autocrat emailed the ingredients lists to TRM's and TRH's marjordomos asking what was OK for them, or not OK.  We did a roast for high table with no onions and plated every item separately because we had one no-onions person, and one who was allergic to lemons and something else.

Turned out HerRH really liked my lemon chicken, so if I do the Royal Luncheon at Warlord again, that is sure to be on the menu.  I try to remember such things!  And because Royalty may announce their problems at Coronation, or even when they were P&P, and it doesn't get remembered, asking them directly (through a major domo) is always A Good Idea.

                                   ---= Morgan

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming."
 I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."    ---= G. Stoddart