[Sca-cooks] Butcher it yourself?

upsxdls_osu at ionet.net upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Wed Jan 9 14:08:11 PST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002 13:40:43 -0800 (PST) you wrote:
> Question. Have you ever done your own slaughtering and
> butchering? If not, why not? Lack of knowledge, or
> lack of facilities, or perhaps both?
>
> Phlip

I've done my own: rabbits, squirrels, chickens, deer and fish. If I killed it,
I hafta clean it.  If I ain't gonna eat it, I ain't gonna kill it (exception -
a suffering family pet). Haven't done anything larger due to lack of facilities.

But you should have seen the faces of the women at work after I butchered a
dozen old stewing hens.  They asked, I described, universal "Yuck! *I* could
never do that!" But it doesn't bother them to go to the grocery store and buy
what's called chicken in plastic wrap.

Liadan