[Sca-cooks] Re: champagne (sorry)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jan 9 20:51:04 PST 2002

Actually I was just curious as to your sources.  I've encountered the claim
previously that Dom Perignon didn't invent champagne, but I haven't come
across the sources which make the claim.  I also haven't read the biography
by Dom Groussard, who I believe is a contemporary of Dom Perignon.  And I
must confess that my small addition to the discussion are some tidbits which
have been rattling around in my notebooks for a few years.

If you've been researching the field, then you probably know more than I.
Should you wish to discuss wine, I'll be happy to listen and perhaps throw
in a few thoughts now and then.

Bear

You sound like you know rather a lot about it, and I would have enjoyed
having a chat about it. Maybe some other time when I can actually refresh my
memory before diving into a discussion?

Kylie