[Sca-cooks] bean allergies?

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Fri Jan 11 22:50:33 PST 2002

Magdalena said:
> Onions are more difficult, because they are such
> a widespread product.  (My friend with a bean allergy eats offboard
> because that is almost his only option...)

Why does an allergy to beans force your friend to eat offboard? Is
it because his allergy is a particularly dangerous one? I don't
remember beans really showing up that often in SCA feasts. I thought
most beans were New World. I didn't think they were added to a
bunch of different foods, like say onions or pepper. Or is there
some kind of processed bean stuff that I'm not thinking of that
ends up getting added to things?

Stefan

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net