[Sca-cooks] EK Arms & 12th Nite

Bethra Spicewell christina_elisabeth at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 13 14:47:08 PST 2002

Greetings all

  Olwen expressed shocked horror over the bandaid incident, and
Adamantius reassured her that it probably didn't happen
I'm sorry to have to differ with Master A, but since he was downstairs,
coordinating all those wonderful dishes, he more than likely just
didn't get a chance to see the display during the day.
Yes, Olwen, I'm afraid that the bandaid, in all of its lovely pink
glory, was sitting right next to the even lovelier EK Royal arms.
While I was in the room with them,  I happily pointed out the fact to
any who would listen, that this was a gift from the talented artisans
of Atlantia, and that the bandaid had been intended for use if there
was transit damage. Baroness Arwen told me that she had heard that the
two went together --because everyone knew that you needed a few
bandaids to become King.  Sounded good to me <G>.
 I saw the A&S early in the day, when there were very few entries, and
I'm sad that I didn't get back there later.  Too busy having fun, I
guess. We had to be in Court, My Lord Husband was awarded his Master
Bowman badge (royal round average over 80, for those in other
kingdoms), which I needlepointed nights after he had gone to bed.

  Master A's Feast was wonderful, and I only wish I had had rubber
pockets. There was so much more I could have eaten, and no place to put
it.  Of course, if the dayboard hadn't been so good, too....
 The chicken was the best I've ever had at an SCA feast, the Tardpolane
was to die for, the compost was delightful (I normally don't care for
crunchy veggies), the yummy garlic sauce DID come out of the
tablecloth, the venison vanished in moments, the pork, cheese and duck
pie (Tourte Parmerienne) was demolished, and my Baron & I split what
was left of our table's pork roast for lunch munchies the next day -
that's the only thing I could pack. I wish I'd had a Tardis feast
basket, so that I could have put some of everything in it to take home.
 I'm sure we missed out on a few items - my Lord had some of the
pynade, but he didn't save any for me ;-p.   The mussells, though...
Well, you see, I had promised myself that I would at least TRY
everything that came out of the kitchen, but when they came out intact
instead of in a caudel, as previously advertised, there was NO WAY <g>.
 I had a bad experience with the slippery little buggers, still in
their shells, when I was younger, and even now they make me gag.
Besides, by then I was so full I might have burst if I'd eaten one more
thing.

 Thank you all to everyone who made this a wonderful event, especially
Puck, Marian, and the Kitchen Crew.

My only regret is that I was still nursing a cough someone thoughtfully
gave me for the holidays, so I had decided that I was unfit to offer my
help for awhile in the kitchen. I DID have a wonderful time meeting and
assisting Jadwiga with her handwashing station, and was sorry that I
couldn't have met more of those who were in attendance.

Bethra

=====
Christina Elisabeth de la Griffon Riant
   Barony of Stonemarche        EK