[Sca-cooks] Mid-Winter's Dance Revel final report

James May robmay at home.com
Sun Jan 13 15:05:52 PST 2002

On January 12, 2002 the Barony of Lochmere, in the Kingdom of Atlantia,
held it's annual dance revel. The feast, prepared by THL Jehan Yves de
Chateau Theiry, and staff, was a combination of dishes from "The Libro de
Cozina" as written by Master Ruperto de Nola and translated from Catalan to
modern English by Vincent F. Cuenca and adapted to the modern kitchen by
myself, Jehan Yves.  The decision was made the Monday before to limit the
feast to 56 people due to a lack of reservations.  To see the menu, all of
the recipes, and pictures of some of the dishes, go to:
http://members.home.net/robmay/MWDR2002.html
There are links from the main page to each of the courses.
         Overall, the courses were served within 1 minute of the advertised
time, and there was a total of $8.00 in the budget that was not spent. His
majesty Atlantia, (an avowed carnivore type) claims to have had "enough
meat". The vegetarians in the crowd found reasonable quantities of dishes
to satisfy their appetites. Due to extreme amounts of pre-cooking, The
kitchen staff spent most of the event socializing in the hall instead of in
the kitchen. Not even having my lady wife called into court to receive a
Baronial award of The Eagles Feather, right after I presented hats that she
had made to the ladies that helped with the pre-cook, in Baronial court,
then the King and Queen called her back to their court to receive her AOA,
could disrupt what has been the best feast that I have ever run. We even
had 2 Ladies come in and take over the plating of the food, so that they
could make it look good.
         I will be forever indebted to the people who made this possible.

Jehan Yves