[Sca-cooks] Re:Cake decorating, was the season ends softly

Druighad at aol.com Druighad at aol.com
Mon Jan 14 15:16:10 PST 2002

In a message dated 1/2/02 12:51:58 PM Eastern Standard Time,
olwentheodd at hotmail.com writes:

> > >I did one to imitate blackwork using a small tip and regular black
> > >icing.  I too would not know if marzipan would work.  I would
> > >suspect one would need to use icing to do the "embroidery" part.
> > >
> > >Although... what if one rolled the marzipan firmly, then sliced it
> > >very thinly and narrow?  One would need to be a bit daft to do it...
> > >as well as deft, I suppose.
> > >
> > >Alys Katharine

Sorry this is late I have been trying to keep up with things. Some of the
professional cake decorators use rolled fondant and fondant tools to do
ribbon work and "embroidery" on their cakes. It shouldn't be too much harder
to use thinly rolled marzipan, in appropriate colrs and designs, to do
something similar.

Finn