[Sca-cooks] Tips on Redactions

Mercy Neumark mneumark at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 10:28:13 PST 2002

Hello All!

I'm interested in taking period recipes and figuring them out (doing
redactions for them...that's the correct term, right?).  Just wondering if
you all have any tips that make figuring out the recipes easier?  Not just
the language, but how many of X, how long to cook it, etc.  What should I
keep in mind when I do things?  Any sort of helpful hint to a new cook like
me, would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on working with some of the online scanned texts (like the Booke of
Cookery) and POSSIBLY the Soup for the Qan.  I think the Soup for the Qan
would probably be easier for me since I understand asian cooking a bit
better than european cooking.

BTW, Dame Selene...I may torture you all on Wednesday's with my attempts.
Be afraid.  Be VERY afraid. ;)

--Arte