[Sca-cooks] Update on Earl Aelfwine

Sudden Service #5 sudnserv5 at netway.com
Wed Jan 16 06:32:18 PST 2002

Greetings to my Friends,
This is an update on the condition of Earl Aelfwine.  As I had  previously reported Aelfwine is back in the hospital with a  reoccurrence of the Leukemia that we thought he had beaten.  He  currently is awaiting a Bone Marrow Transplant from his sister,  Claudia, who matched 6 of 6 antigens that they check.  The procedure  will be done 25 January. This will mean that he won't be able to get to Market Day at Birka as he'd hoped. He sends his best to all he will miss. He continues to maintain a sense of humor about his situation.  In his  daily report to his friends he is full of advice on how to get an  eatable meal in the hospital (ask for the Kosher meal) & which Nurses  to get on the good side of (Admin Nurses).      He has asked that I thank all of the people who have donated  Blood or Platelets as well as all those saying prayers for him.  To  this let me add my own thanks, I can attest to how much the  expressions of hope have meant to him.     One other note on the Transplant procedure, his insurance will  cover all expenses of the procedure-except the cost of the airline  ticket for Claudia to come out to do the donating.  The cost of the  ticket is about $1000.00.  I would like to ask that those of us who  can afford to donate a few dollars towards defraying the cost of the  flight do so.  Donations should be sent to Arastorm at their home: Made to  Nicholas or Virginia Taylor, and sent to  Stormgard,  RR1 Box 188, Lyndeboro, NH 03082
 Cards (and paper cranes) can be sent to: Aelfwine/ Nick Taylor on 6C  Brigham and Women's Hospital 75 Francis St. Boston, MA 02115 phone: .617 732 4175 e-mail: nbtaylor at earthlink.net
Pax,
Olaf