[Sca-cooks] Cooks' Conference 2002

morgancain at earthlink.net morgancain at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 21 10:05:01 PST 2002

It looks like I am the first one to return and post.  (List Papa left before I did, but I think the ferrets got to him. <g>)  I just want to say that although my time there was unfortunately constrained, I had a great time and learned some things.  I did get to look in on the cheesemaking class and hope the recipes are in the proceedings (the end results were certainly tasty, as they became part of the lunch spread).  The Icelandic foods talk was interesting, as were the samples.  I would strongly suggest that more samples are ALWAYS welcome at such things!  Although perhaps something a bit less pungent would be less starting to the assemblage.

I did learn a few things from the sugarpaste class, if I am ever going to do sugarpaste.  (I did want a better look at the documentation for serving feast on horseback, but the possibilities are quite charming.)  And I enjoyed the GoH presentations on Sunday, and I think with a little well-placed geekiness Cindy's idea can easily move forward.  If anybody wants more information - the proceedings are only US$15.00, and you can still order copies through the end of this week.

I want to give special thanks to all the people who helped, and I hope that Mem retained a list of the kitchen helpers because I didn't have time to get all the names.  I'm not used to having people turn up labeled "LAVATOR" and proceed to wash everything in sight!  I am also grateful to Mem's BH (Beloved Husband) and to Kat for being my aeroport transportation
Most especial thanks to Gwen Cat, who did all the running and shopping, cleavering, and pretty much anything else that needed doing for dinner.  Also for suggesting we break out and join the dancing at the end of the evening.  Thanks so much for all your help!

                             ---= Morgan (munching leftovers)

"When I'm old, I don't want them to say of me, "She's so charming."
  I want them to say, "Be careful, I think she's armed."  ---= G. Stoddart