[Sca-cooks] Asthma breathers & mundaneness

Devra at aol.com Devra at aol.com
Mon Jan 28 07:37:35 PST 2002

Dear Lady,

There are several leatherworkers at Pennsic who make breather-holders out of leather.  The holder straps onto your belt, and has the breather peeking out the bottom.  The leather used is generally soft enough that you can just squeeze the breather without decanting it, and of course the bottom, open end is just placed in your mouth for use. With this hanging from your belt, you need never be without!

I have two friends who occasionally need their breathers (there is a LOT of woodsmoke at Pennsic) and they have found these holders invaluable.

If you don't attend Pennsic yourself, I'm sure that the leatherworkers in your area can make up something appropriate.
Devra the Baker (who is never without her migraine pills)