[Sca-cooks] Re: Andalusian But Not foodie Stuff!!!

phoenissa at netscape.net phoenissa at netscape.net
Mon Jan 28 22:39:36 PST 2002

kattratt <kattratt at charter.net> wrote:

>>We're doing the event on campus, so we have a lot of red tape to deal with.)
>
>Now In this light I can help!!!!!
>I have dedalt with this little problem once by choice and a second time
>as part of the "concept" I was shooting for...
>If you can look at the ceiling!  If it is a "Drop Ceiling" Ie "Panels"
>(Yes I can send a picture if that is not clear) If it is indeed a "Drop
>Ceiling" as I suspect, (it being in a school) I have a simple suggestion
>for "Wall Hangings".  Get some Ceiling hooks (Found at the local
>hardware store in the "Drop Ceiling" area.)  This is the simplest
>solution as the generally objection to wall hangings is putting holes in
>the wall.  Now if this is not the type of ceiling that you are looking
>at...

Hmmm...I've having a hard time picturing a "drop ceiling," but I don't think that's what this one is.  The ceiling is super-high, which would make hanging things difficult anyway, plus it's got all the light fixtures... :(

>Poles held up by either flag bases or Christmas Tree Stands work well as
>places to Stick tacks or nails and thus hold wall hangings.  (Supply
>your own poles)

Aha!  That's much easier :)  I just hope they would let us bring poles in.

>Trust me on this though... once you have made free flying wall hangings
>in a place and not damaged those walls or ceilings!! the folks remember
>you and how willing you were to work with them rather than trying to cut
>the red tape.  This makes reusing the site ten times easier next time.

And THAT is definitely a good thing!

>IF I can be of any assistance via email please let me know.  I pride
>myself on being able to work with troublesome rules and still have a
>magical hall.
>Nichola

Thank you!  I'll pass this on to the other folks in charge of the event :)  We will hopefully be meeting with the site owners this week to get all the decorating (and other) rules straight.

Vittoria