[Sca-cooks] porch area

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Tue Jan 29 06:00:52 PST 2002

How about using it as a 'diwan' - place low seating around the periphery,
with some smal scattered tables to hold coffee and munchies. Diwans were the
main socializing 'living room'/'family room' in the smaller houses.
margali
not to say that the various diwans in Topkapi palace couldn't be incredibly
luxurious...

the quote starts here:
You could also use it as a uhmmmm... I wanna say Harem but I think that
is the wrong area of the Middle East...
hmmm best to say a "Lounge" type of thing and serve appetizers and such
there... Or maybe some sort of ahem "Sixth form" area....
Anyways those are just suggestions....
Just thought I would toss out some since decorating came up.

Nichola