[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1340 - 14. candied almonds (Mark.S Harris)

grasse grasse at mscd.edu
Tue Jan 29 17:17:47 PST 2002

Greetings Stefan and the list,

Actually, yes, sugar coated almonds, filberts, walnuts and pinon nuts, as well
as seeds and spices are listed in Rumpolt.  (For those who don't know him yet,
it is 1581 German that I am still working on transcribing and translating. and
yes, I take requests.)

A translation of that chapter is webbed here:
http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_zucker1.htm

and instructions that I have found WORK for making them are here (thanks Dame
Hauviette):
http://clem.mscd.edu/~grasse/GK_ASnovfeast.htm

This does NOT document sugared almonds in the Catalan area, but does let you
have nice sugared almonds if you are doing a late period German feast.

Gwen Cat
(who will write her own review of the wonderful CookCon2 as soon as RL has
slowed down.)

Message: 14