[Sca-cooks] SCA-Cooks Pennsic pot luck

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 29 23:22:24 PST 2002

Phlip asked:
> Incidently, folks, I've been talking with Orluk Oasis,
> and they are willing that we use their Hafla tent for
> next Pennsic's Cook's Potluck. I was thinking that
> this might be a bit friendlier home for the Potluck
> than an A&S tent, and it's right on the wagon route.
>
> Anybody care to make any comments?

Of course. :-)

The class tents have the advantage of being more centralized and
they are marked on the Pennsic map, whereas Orluk isn't, I believe.
Will someone who happens to see our notices be able to find the
place? If course, like the classes in private camps, we can have
someone waiting at the registration table to lead folks down.

The class tent provides cover, table(s) and chairs. Also electricity
in at least some of the tents.

If it's sprinkling, we can still meet in the class tent. Can we do
the same at Orluk? Umm. okay you did say "Hafla tent", so maybe
there would be some cover.

When do the sometimes running wagons stop for the night? If at
dark, then there should be enough time.

Will Orluk or a class tent be more difficult for those who have
to leave and get to the particular courts that night?

On the otherhand, I like Orluk because it's next door to my
camp, so I don't have to walk up that $%^&#@! hill. :-)

Those who are interested could afterwards retire to around the
SPCA campfire for more conversation.

I'd particularly like to hear from any mobility impaired who
might be camping out on the Serrengetti who might be interested
in coming.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net