[Sca-cooks] Duck bones, and other parts

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Wed Jan 30 22:33:23 PST 2002

Gorgeous Muiredach said:
> >Speaking of quacks, I just came back from the Maryland Hotel Supply Co with
> >their product catalog.  It lists duck bones as one of the products.
>
> Duck bones are good to make duck stock.  Yummy stuff.

Okay, newbie cook question. (from Stefan, naw. :-) )

I thought the reason you used the duck bones (or chicken or beef
for that matter) to make stock was the meat that was still
remaining on the bones. I'm assuming these bones have already
been cleaned of all meat or they wouldn't keep.

So are you saying that if you just throw the bones in some water and
boil them you will get some useable broth?

Although, yes Phlip, I do remember you having me roast the lamb
bones before (trying to) making broth from them. But there were
meat threads and such still on those bones.

   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net