[Sca-cooks] RE: Sca-cooks digest, Vol 1 #1349 - 19 msgs

Marilyn Traber marilyn.traber.jsfm at statefarm.com
Thu Jan 31 05:48:57 PST 2002

Phlip - hold your tongue! I can hear you thinking from here...

Stefan, the difference between pate and the spread [phlip, shut up!] is that
if you take chicken liver and feel like putting on airs, it is 'pate',
french for paste. If you don't have any pretensions, they are 'chopped
liver' 'liver schmeer' or 'liver spread' depending on your degree of
yiddishness/country folkness...

me, everybody else can have my share of most forms of liver. I like an
occasional liverwurst [once or twice a year] and the very occasional pate
crude, which is more like meatloaf with a tiny bit of liver and a
cream/bread panade for smoothing the texture.

I like my liverwurst sammies with thin sliced onion and mayo on a nice
seeded rye.
margali

the quote starts here:
Phlip said:
> You notice, the Yuppies
> have changed the name of any liver presentation to
> "pate" so they think they're eating something uncommon
> and elegant....

So, do all pates have liver in them? If not, what is the
differance between a "pate" and a "spread"?

--
THLord Stefan li Rous