[Sca-cooks] revere tea pot ruined

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Jan 1 10:46:15 PST 2002

Art Torelli wrote:

 > This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -- [ Picked text/plain
 > from multipart/alternative ] i accidentially left my copper
 > bottomed tea pot on the stove for 3 hours and the plastic was
 > melted and the copper pulled off the bottom.  the house am getting
 > headaches.  is there anything that is toxic in the pot when this
 > happens and what do i do about it  art --

Well, it sounds like the pot is a total loss, or at least not worth the
effort or cost of repair. Give it a sendoff appropriate for a warrior
that died in battle.

As for the possibility of toxic fumes, they've probably done as much
damage as they're going to do. I would start with a humidifier in the
house, maybe an air filter, and definitely some good ventilation.

I asked my wife about the possibility of a zinc-based solder being used
on the bottom, but she said it seemed unlikely, so probably nothing
majorly toxic to deal with.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy