[Sca-cooks] Re: Presentation of food at feasts (was Ofpickyness...)

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Tue Jan 1 16:07:47 PST 2002

Oh, hey, Muiredach, I didn't think that at all, really (sorry that my
tone came out defensive or something--that wasn't my intention at all).
Just trying to point out that some of us (okay, folks like myself) may
have been doing it for years, and _still_ haven't gotten the timing
thing down to the science it needs to be.  I've noticed that folks who
do have that knack have, a lot of them, more formal training/experience
in the food industry than I do.  Kind of a food version of how I know
how to put zippers in tents quickly, or sew something without using
pins.  It looks pretty mysterious to someone who hasn't spent 8 hours a
day for mumblety-mumble years doing just that....<g>
I'm about feasted out at the moment (did 3 within the last 12 month
period), so it'll be a while before I do another.  Thinking of doing
redactions from that Andalusian cookbook for our Harvest Court,
maybe....or a Chaucerian feast for a Spring Feast.....At any rate, I
think you'd make a fine addition to anyone's kitchen--thanks for the
offer <g>.

Food flourishes would be a neat addition to the Florilegium, if it's not
already in there, somewhere (sometimes, I figure the True Answer to the
Mystery of Life is in there--I kinda visualize the Flora-thingy as an
electronic version of the library in The Name of the Rose).
--Maire