[Sca-cooks] spice mixes

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Jan 1 20:07:40 PST 2002

Phlip said:
> --- Mercy Neumark <mneumark at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Do you all have any recipes for these mixes?
>
> Actually, I think there have been quite a few recipes
> given out for poudres douce and forte- have you
> checked the Florilegium? It's just the sort of thing
> Stefan collects.

I understood the original question to be asking for recipes that
called for the use of these various spice mixes. And those I
don't have, at least not collected together that way.

If indeed the question is about various medieval spice mixes, the
recipes for the spice mixtures themselves, where they might be
purchased today, etc. then check this file in the Florilegium:
spice-mixes-msg   (22K)  7/20/00    Period spice mixtures. Poudre Forte, Douce.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/PLANTS/spice-mixes-msg.html
   Mark S. Harris            Austin, Texas          stefan at texas.net