[Sca-cooks] Re. Fire down below....

Ted Eisenstein Alban at socket.net
Wed Jan 2 00:15:59 PST 2002

>Almost seriously, are 'roos edible? I mean, beyond
>merely being something someone could digest
>(considering what some folks can and do eat, that's a
>wide field ;-) Can it actually be cooked in such a
>manner that folks would say, "Oh, this is great- can't
>wait until I can try it again!!!"

Mind you, while I haven't actually had one, I believe
they are, yes. I have two reasons for this: one is a packet
of roo jerky downstairs in my kitchen that I brought back
from my last trip. The other is a series of stories, soon after
the recent appearance of Foot and Mouth disease in Europe. From
what I am given to understand by newspaper stories, the
exporting of kangaroo meat to Europe jumped by quite a
bit right around then. . . Dunno about tastiness, but roo
meat is apparently low in fat and low in cholesterol, and
therefore better for those watching the amounts of those
items in their diets, if memory serves.

Alban