[Sca-cooks] Is cooking like costuming?

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Thu Jan 3 09:31:20 PST 2002

You have made my point for me.  I have to wonder about someone saying that
one shouldn't try to use a period recipe if they are missing an ingredient,
even though there are comparable substitutes available, because it is then
no longer period.  My point is that, if you follow this line of reasoning,
nothing that we cook is really period.

Kiri