[Sca-cooks] what are your thoughts on period-style food?

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Thu Jan 3 11:46:16 PST 2002

> What's common sense for circa 2000 is likely not to be the same it was
> circa 1500...

For instance, when I make cameline sauce, the redaction I use probably
uses way too much sugar (it's based on but reduced from the version in
_The Medieval Kitchen_). I've made cameline with red wine instead of white
and much less sugar, and it's very nice but I'm having trouble detaching
from my previous version!

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa