[Sca-cooks] Viking Cookbook?

UlfR parlei at algonet.se
Sun Jan 6 23:32:13 PST 2002

johnna holloway <johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu> [2002.01.06] wrote:
> Til taffel hos Kong Valdemar :
> Europas aeldste kogebog efter to middelalderhåndskrifter fra
> 1300tallet / by  Hans Veirup;  Mads Stage
> 2. oplag. IN Danish  Book/Text 123 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
> Herning : Systime, 1993. ISBN: 8777833945
> The subject headings are: Cookery, Danish.;
> Cookery -- Denmark -- History.
> Note(s): Includes bibliographical references.

I belive this is the same text as in (one of the manuscripts in) Grewe.
I still have a friends copy at home -- as well as Grewe -- and can check
tonight.

There is a "viking cookbook" published in Swedish, but it is nothing of
the kind. Pretty nice photos from various re-enactment/LRP events, but
nothing to suggest that the food is in any way documentable to the
viking age.

/UlfR

UlfR                                                 parlei at algonet.se
Cheops' Law: Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
		-- Lazarus Long (R.A. Heinlein)