[Sca-cooks] Sshhh...

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Mon Jan 7 06:02:16 PST 2002

For me, it was "at Twelfth Night" on Saturday, then trying to recover on
Sunday.  However, our event was a grand success, despite the fact that many
of our folk from North and South Carolina could not make it because of the
weather.  Despite the number of cancellations, we still only had one unsold
seat at the feast!  And what a feast it was.  Master Chirhart and the Bright
Hills Cooks' Guild outdid themselves...I was so full of wonderful food after
the third course that I couldn't even try the desserts until later...they
very kindly packed up a "doggie bag" of a sampling of the desserts (along
with leftover venison pie)!!  And I'm the proud owner of a memento booklet
listing all of the recipes.  There are several that I can't wait to try.

Thanks to all of you who participated in preparing and serving this
wonderful feast...in my humble opinion, it was a howling success!!

We only had one really said note:  Mistress Marguerite had been scheduled
for gall bladder surgery prior to the event but put it off to help out...and
she did have an attack during the day on Saturday.  Good lady, please,
please get this taken care of very soon!!

Thanks again to all.....

Kiri