[Sca-cooks] Ya. It's over. I lived

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 08:35:34 PST 2002

>I've already sent out a message praising the feast, etc., but especial
>praise is due Lady Olwen for her marzipan arms for the baronies.  She did a
>wonderful job of them.  One of the southern baronies has a special type of
>knot on it (can't remember the name, off the top of my head), and the
>Baron/Baroness commented that it was one of the very few times that the
>knot
>was rendered correctly!!  The arms of the Kingdom even had leaf gold on the
>crown!!!  It was obvious to all that a lot of hard work had gone into their
>creation.  Thanks so very much, Olwen, for all of your hard work...the
>cookbook was just my poor way of thanking you for this.
>
>Kiri

Thank you Kiri for your kind words.  I want to make sure that credit is due
to others as well.  Morningstar is the one who did the Arms for Nottingham
Coil (the Barony with the knot on the Arms) and the Baron, Baroness and even
the Herald from there came to say how wowed and pleased they were that
someone got it right!  Alainne did the Arms for Storvik (it has a viking
ship on it) and the Baroness and some others came to say how pleased they
were and how wonderfully the rendition of the sheilds on the side of the
ship were done (apparently when most folks do it they have all sorts of
strange ideas what should be there).  Ro, of this list, did the Arms for
Bright Hills and it was great and our Baron's husband, Don, went right
around the festivities offering "little bits of Bright Hills" to folks and
even came into the kitchen to share.  It is always a good sign when people
actually *eat* the food sotlties.  The shield shaped cookie cutters were
made by Chirhart (who also did the guilding on both the EK and the Atlantian
crowns) and the lettering was done by Morningstar.  At one point Alainne
came to me and said that we did not put a sign out that said the shields
were made of marzipan and she didn't think folks would get it.  She was
right.  I talked to a few folks and a couple of B&B's and they had no clue!
My gosh, the expressions they had when they found out!
Anyway Kiri, thank you again for your kind words.
Olwen