[Sca-cooks] Handling special diet needs at feasts

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 06:31:34 PST 2002

--- Stefan li Rous <stefan at texas.net> wrote:
> > and one vegetarian who asked
> > me on the day...).
>
> I was in the kitchen and overheard Adamantius
> discussing what parts
> of the feast would be okay for this vegetarian,
> which dishes should
> be avoided and which dishes he (Adamantius) would
> try to make special
> versions of. I was, in fact, rather surprised to
> hear Adamantius
> offer to make special versions of the number of
> dishes that he did.
> After all, this request was made on the day of the
> feast in the
> middle of a rather hectic kitchen and not a week or
> two in advance.

I was there too, and a bit later, I talked to the
vegetarian's partner. His vegetarianism was basicly a
non-issue. He was an entertainer who didn't know he
was going to eat until the day of, and his
vegetarianism was limited to not eating meat-- he
could eat eggs, fish, poultry, milk, etc and I so
informed Adamantius.

Phlip