[Sca-cooks] Recipes was Following a recipe... rambling...

david friedman ddfr at daviddfriedman.com
Wed Jan 9 08:59:28 PST 2002

>>>She is
>>>planning a two course feast that is not too complex but very nicely
>>>shaping
>>>up as a 14th century Venician feast for about 100 folks.
>>

>>Does this mean you have translated _Anonimo Veniziano_?
>>--
>>David/Cariadoc
>
>In my dreams!  No.  I suppose I should have said 14th century Italian.
>Olwen

The earliest translated sources for Italian cooking (not counting
Apicius) I know about are 15th century--Platina is the end of the
century, Martino a little earlier. I think Anonimo Toscano and
Anonimo Veneziano are earlier, but I'm not sure. Is she working from
a secondary source that has earlier recipes?
--
David Friedman
Professor of Law
ddfr at best.com