[Sca-cooks] Following a recipe...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Wed Jan 9 20:05:21 PST 2002

Glenda Robinson wrote:

> Lainie,
>
> Impressive! It's about time there is some competition for all those women
> (you and I included) who dress in men's clothing/take on male personae.
>
> Does he have a female persona to go with it?
>
> Glenda.
> (still can't understand why Western society as a whole has no problem with
> women wearing traditional men's clothing, but has major 'issues' with the
> other way around that even extends to the traditional male kilt)

All right- you have me utterly flummoxed. Um, why the comments? Maybe
I'm just tired, but I don't understand.

There is a man here in An Tir, whose SCA name is Dragee. He's one of the
Old Guard, and I have only seen him in noparticulartimeandplace SCA
garb, except when he is doing his Japanese thing. I don't know if he has
a persona as Dragee, but he is definitely male. He is not in drag. I
just thought the note of Stefan as 'Dragee' was a little... uh...

thoroughly confused 'Lainie