[Sca-cooks] Butchering, etc.

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 10 19:36:36 PST 2002

--- Tara Sersen Boroson <tsersen at nni.com> wrote:

>  But, that doesn't help with
> the slaughtering
> part.  Phlip has most generously offered to help
> teach me, too, but
> we'll have to figure out how to coordinate that with
> three hours
> distance between us.  I think I'm due for a roadtrip
>  :)  Maybe one of
> these days when my husband gets sent away on
> business and I'm left all
> alone :(
>
> Margali, thank you for the description.  I've seen
> the bags, but I've
> never seen one used, and basically I wanted to try
> getting one of the
> buggers *into* one of those bags and settled with an
> experienced person
> before trying it myself ;)

Magdalena, as Margali mentioned, I'm living with her
and Rob under the Rock. If you can make the trip over,
we could set up an informal butchering session- I like
fresh, inexpensive meat, and I think lambs are going
for about $100 - $125 on the hoof. Rabbits and
chickens are usually fairly available, and, depending
on what time of year you were to get here, we've been
discussing raising pheasant.

Maybe get a couple other folks to join us, and make it
a cook-out and mini party?

Johan- think we could drag you over for something like
that? Might even get a chance to smith some cooking
gear ;-)

Phlip