[Sca-cooks] Making Period cooking gear-was Butchering, etc.

Philippa Alderton phlip_u at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 11 06:40:36 PST 2002

--- John Husvar <jhusvar at neo.rr.com> wrote:

I skrev:

> > Maybe get a couple other folks to join us, and
> make it
> > a cook-out and mini party?
> >
> > Johan- think we could drag you over for something
> like
> > that? Might even get a chance to smith some
> cooking
> > gear ;-)

And Johan replied:

> Might could happen, Dear Milady, might could happen.

OK, folks, you heard him ;-) We might just get
something interesting going yet.

Last time I was on the List, I had gotten a few
references to pictures of various period cooking gear.
Since I don't have those references at the moment, my
old hard drive being back in Ohio, could I ask you
folks to send me any you've collected? I'm looking for
pictures and descriptions- Cindy, IIRC, you sent me a
URL which showed a pic of a field kitchen?

Any references to forks, spoons, etc would be great-
they're easy enough to make. In fact, we might be able
to help a couple of folks make their very own ;-)

If someone has a pic in their computer, but not on
line, send it to me at:

phlip at 99main.com

and if I get enough, I can set up a web page for them.

> MMMMMM- fresh, fresh, food!
>
> Depends on work, whether the old van would make it,
> etc, as usual, but I
> think I'd like that. Yes, I do.
>
> Long as you all don't take the aphorism about the
> way to a man's heart _too_
> seriously, anyway.:)

Got your heart, MDML- why would I waste time anywhere
else?

> Johan, the too darn busy lately.

Phlip, whose idea of Heaven is a good day's work,
followed by a cold beer, a hot meal, and a warm man,
not necessarily in that order ;-)