[Sca-cooks] EK Arms and Marzipan Drumsticks

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Jan 11 20:15:37 PST 2002

Olwen the Odd wrote:

> Master A, I hope your illness is not as horrid as it sounds.  Potentially
> Lethal sounds pretty scary to me!

_Think_ how embarrassed I would be to tell the Authorities Up Wherever
that I died from sleep apnea. No, this is being taken care of tomorrow,
but when it was diagnosed a while back, they tried to impress upon me
how potentially dangerous it was, presumably so I wouldn't go buy a
bottle of Snore-b-Gone or something like that. Then, of course, after
telling me how dangerous it all is, they took almost a month to set up
the machine thingy that is supposed to get a handle on this condition.

> It is good to hear that the Arms were presented from our Cook's Guild.
> Thank you all for doing that.
>
> Now....about these cattails...(birds legs my butt!)

Oh, my God! They were a representation of your butt??? I had no idea! I
thought they were bird legs! I hadn't thought of you as being so skinny,
Olwen! Svelte and strong, lean and mean, maybe, but I never thought of
you like _that_! I'm so sorry! Folks, I'm sure Olwen is the picture of
loveliness, despite a rather underdeveloped bottom... many men are
wildly attracted by slim women. My own lady wife is rather slender and
small-boned, and when she stretches, on awakening in the morning, can
look rather feline, but I've never thought of her posterior as a cat tail...

...did they make you
> laugh?...

Yes, they made me laugh. Of course, people on this list know the kinds
of things that make me laugh! ;-)

.did anyone get a picture??  Before they were destroyed??

I'm not sure about pictures. I know some pictures were taken, but am not
entirely sure by whom or of what. Unfortunately, I found that we had
forgotten to bring the video camera that we borrowed for the event. I
had wanted to make some digital Quicktime videos (streaming cuskynoles?)
for web use, but it simply never happened for various reasons. I'm
pretty sure Stefan's Lady, Aliena (sp?), got a nice shot of gold sugar
melting across the surface of a tourte parmerienne, but I'm not sure
what, if anything else, was photographed. We probably should have set up
a dedicated, all-day photojournalist, but on the notice we had/gave,
that would have been impossible.

> Well....???

Hey, any room under that rock thing?

Adamantius, sick so you can't hit me...