[Sca-cooks] Onion allergy

Diana Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Sat Jan 12 08:09:47 PST 2002

At 10:32 AM 1/11/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Rosine said:
>>>We have a newly-arrived member of the barony who insists on eating
>onboard. She doesn't consult with the cook beforehand (she and her husband
>also eat as part of the "baronial mess" when we're camping)

Well, I checked my notes for the German feast I did back in September,
2001.  There were no onions, period.  I did have one spinach allergy, but
spinach was only in one dish in one course. There was a nut allergy, but
nuts were only present in the dessert - no pre-made sauces were used, and
the vegetarian bouillion I used to cook part of one dish did contain
powdered spinach. No nut oils were used - I checked every label myself.
Now, I'm diabetic. I always take safe munchies with me, since I take shots.
The shots are stupid. They keep working whether I eat or not.  ONCE, I was
assured that feast would begin at 6:30 pm, so I didn't take munchies. Guess
what? Feast didn't start until after 8 pm. At 6:30 pm I had to go off site
and find food as I was getting shakey. So, now, I make sure to take my
munchies whenever the feast is to be served...just in case.

Liadan