[Sca-cooks] Cooks Con - get your reservations now!

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Jan 12 22:04:01 PST 2002

I set out to present a summary history of bread trenchers for the Cook Con
and wound up with a working paper in what is likely to be a long term
research project.

At the first Serve It Forth symposium, I did a talk entitled, "Food in
Renaissance Art."  The talk was more extensive than the paper in the
proceedings, which is in the project folder for revision.  This year I
finished the paper and immediately set about blowing holes in my arguments
with the assistance of Gregory's Moralia, which will again alter my
presentation.  Do I sense a trend here?

In any event, the first symposium was both entertaining and educational and
I got to play in the kitchen.  This one promises to as good or even better,
so I hope to see you there.

Bonne Chance

Bear

I am going to be talking today about early English
printed cookbooks.  I am going to concentrate on
works published in 1500, 1508, and 1545.

Johnna Holloway