[Sca-cooks] Lumpia

Rosine rosine at sybercom.net
Sun Jan 13 04:20:24 PST 2002

> Stefan li Rous asked:
> >  What is "lumpia"?

> Actually, i don't know what the folks around Rosine are serving, but...
<<snip>>
> Anahita

   The joy of being a Navy wife are the opportunities... I worked out a
trade while stationed in Hawaii. I taught a new wife how to cook a
traditional Thanksgiving meal for her New England husband and she taught me
how to cook her family's traditional dishes. Unfortunately, only panzit and
lumpia stayed with me. But they are family favourites, as well as great
bribes for ex-Navy folks.

   I'm piggy-backing on this message, but about those chicken wings and such
not having onions in them... the people who cook these things use
pre-packaged sauces, and are *quite* particular about the brand-name... the
list of ingredients typically includes dried or powdered onions. Or the
now-infamous "selected spices".
   I'm figuring on doing what I was going to do originally, which many here
have suggested - have a nice quiet chat with her and her husband about
courtesy flowing both ways, while at the same time, encouraging more of our
group to experiment with new food items "because we've fallen into a rut and
this is a good excuse".

Rosine