[Sca-cooks] Re: [Sca-cooks]Living and Dining was Le Menagier examined

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Sun Jan 13 18:20:16 PST 2002

There's a full description of it at
the University of Wales Press website
at http://www.uwp.co.uk/

I think that's it's rather an interesting book to
read in conjunction with Powers and the Brereton
edition.  The hardback was almost impossible to
get in the USA, so the paperback edition is most
welcome. No recipes but lots of descriptive material
and excellent bibliography. If you plan on
doing a great deal of work with Le Menagier,
you'll probably find it entertaining and a good
read. (It's available from the major jobbers;
my local smalltown Little Professor ordered it
and had it for me within a week, even if it is
from the University of Wales Press.)

Johnnae llyn Lewis  Johnna Holloway

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:>
> While surfing a major bookseller's website,
 i came across this title:
> Living and Dining in Medieval Paris:
 The Household of a
> Fourteenth-Century Knight