[Sca-cooks] February feast-- was I obviously need medication

johnna holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jan 14 07:52:57 PST 2002

Equipment wise--
See if someone can also bring one
of the propane ring cookers that
attaches to a propane tank and
holds a large stockpot (that's
used for turkey fryers and fish boils).
And maybe go for three grills, not two.
You are going to have to consider clean-up
facilities too... ie boiling water for
washing up dishes etc... You may want to
require paper plates for the diners to
eliminate some of that.
How about interior lighting or will you
be in the dark too?
And you might want to make sure all the
outlets work and will continue to work if
they are all in use at once.
You don't want to blow the circuits.

Regarding the menu you suggested, I would
make sure there is a filling hot but plain soup to
start off. Also something like sausages that
might come off the grill hot might work too.
I have to worry about how cold this place is
going to be and a Sunday night feast in Ohio
in February... well everyone may just leave
for home and not even stay... After a long
cold day home might be what they want...

Good luck,

Johnnae llyn Lewis

Louise Smithson wrote:
snipped been invited to
 help us with a demo and cook food for 25 people".
  Sure I said it should be no problem.