[Sca-cooks] Mid-Winter's Dance Revel final report

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 14 07:14:28 PST 2002

>On January 12, 2002 the Barony of Lochmere, in the Kingdom of Atlantia,
>held it's annual dance revel. The feast, prepared by THL Jehan Yves de
>Chateau Theiry, and staff, was a combination of dishes from "The Libro de
>Cozina" as written by Master Ruperto de Nola and translated from Catalan to
>modern English by Vincent F. Cuenca and adapted to the modern kitchen by
>myself, Jehan Yves.

>Not even having my lady wife called into court to receive a
>Baronial award of The Eagles Feather, right after I presented hats that she
>had made to the ladies that helped with the pre-cook, in Baronial court,
>then the King and Queen called her back to their court to receive her AOA,
>could disrupt what has been the best feast that I have ever run. We even
>had 2 Ladies come in and take over the plating of the food, so that they
>could make it look good.
>         I will be forever indebted to the people who made this possible.
>
>Jehan Yves

Congratulations Jehan Yves.  I am so disappointed that I could not attend.
Our cooks guild meeting was that day and we are planning our next event
feast so I felt it necessary to attend that.  I hope you took a picture of
the marzipan dragon.

Congratulations to your wife!  Give her a hug for me.  I hope to see you
both at our Baronial Birthday on Feb. 9th.  I'll be in the kitchen.
Olwen