[Sca-cooks] raisin wines

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Tue Jan 15 01:44:01 PST 2002

 Stefan wrote:

>Hmmm. You think it didn't survive? Do a quick web search on "raisin wine".
>Like mead, while they seem to have fallen in favor vs. wine from fresh
>grapes, apparently they were in use a long time.

I believe plain, unfermented raisin water is still popular in the Middle
East, or at least in Afghanistan - I'm fairly sure I've seen a mention of
"raisin water stands" that sell this beverage. I think they soak the raisins
in water for not too long, then you crush them and sieve the water, but I
could be wrong - been quite a while since I read about it.

Nanna