[Sca-cooks] stuffed turnips.

Robin Carroll-Mann rcmann4 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 15 15:37:08 PST 2002

On 15 Jan 2002, at 14:42, Linda Peterson wrote:

> Being easily distracted, what I noticed about this recipe was "make it
> hollow as you do a carret roote". I can imagine stuffing a turnip but
> can't quite imagine a carrot. Were they fatter? Bigger in general?

Granado has a few recipes for stuffed carrots.  He clearly describes
hollowing out the inside of the carrot to make a tube.

In an Asian grocery, I saw some huge, fat carrots that were easily
2-1/2 inches in diameter.  I don't know if they were a different
variety, or just ordinary carrots that had been allowed to keep
growing.

Barony of Settmour Swamp, East Kingdom
rcmann4 at earthlink.net