[Sca-cooks] Foodie Peerage Ceremonies

Mark.S Harris mark.s.harris at motorola.com
Tue Jan 15 17:22:40 PST 2002

Selene of Caid said:
> Oh, I suppose I could have had as big a dog and pony show as any
> rich knight, choral accompaniment, testimonials, handmaidens, ad
> nauseum  but my modesty [as well as difficulty with delayed
> gratification] forbade waiting any longer to make plans.  I did attend
> my kitchen meetings that day, but I don't recall getting much actual
> work done.  And you must know that I brought a boatload of goodies to my
> first Pel meeting!

I've wondered how such things were done. I've thought that if it
were to happen to me that I'd try to get the ceremony put off until
Gulf Wars or Pennsic rather than doing it in my local area or
Kingdom. Afterall, most of what I do is the Florilegium and that
is meant for folks in other kingdoms and areas as well as my
own. But perhaps simply doing it and then hosting a party at
Pennsic or Gulf Wars would be best.

Of course, those handmaidens do sound interesting...

Stefan li Rous
(who isn't a protégé, apprentice, squire or any of them things
   and wears a brown belt.)