[Sca-cooks] EK Arms and Marzipan Drumsticks

A F Murphy afmmurphy at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 14 07:24:19 PST 2002

I would say that the activity was, but calling it that wasn't. What you
called it seemed to depend on who you were. If you were the harrasser,
you called it Good Fun, or The Way To Talk to a Woman, or...  If  you
were the lady's father or brother, you called it Bothering Decent Women
or in extreme cases Subverting the Purity and Innocence of our Virtuous
Women. (Unless, of course, the harrasser was the person you wanted to
marry her to. Then you called it Flirtation, and made sure the marriage
contract got signed before things went any further.) If you were the
lady's husband, you called it things I won't repeat, and you  might
fight over it.

If you were the lady herself, your opinion didn't usually  matter all
that much, so we don't really know what you called it... unless, of
course, you were a Virtuous and Chaste Woman with men in a position to
defend that.

Anne