[Sca-cooks] Recipe triumph

Morgan Cain morgancain at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 05:21:54 PST 2002

Not mine, actually, but my mother's.  She was hosting their playreading group last weekend, and they of course had chosen "Twelfth Night."  Mom wanted a suggestion for something to cook that would be appropriate to the period, so I pulled out my copy of "Butter in the Bard" (unfortunately out of print, but it collected all the food-related passages in Shakespeare's plays) and looked up anything from that one.  There wasn't much, so I expanded into "A Winter's Tale" feeling it was equally appropriate to the season.