[Sca-cooks] Re: Foodie Peerage Ceremonies

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 16 08:46:54 PST 2002

Smarty Alban wrote:

> >King Guillaume starts this inane tangent about the
> >meager potluck lunches at peerage meetings, and could I possibly cater
> >the next Pelican meeting?  I replied that I didn't think I was invited
> >to those particular meetings... then the penny dropped.  D'OH!  Their
> >Majesties offered therefore to elevate my station, etc. etc.
>
> But. . . but. . . but. . . .You  could have cooked the food and do the set-up,
> and then removed yourself elsewhere while the Pelicans discussed
> Stuff. There's no reason why catering, especially in an SCA context,
> implies attendance all through the meeting. . .

Yeah, that's what I thought at first.  But Guillaume is not that kind of a big
meanie, and besides, right about then I noticed who was accompanying the Crowns on
their progress.  My baron, my principal herald, various other nobles, all
Pelicans.  A, she said, Ha!

My household was clued in to bring a video camera, so the whole incident is
preserved for posterity.

Adamantius says:

>The closest I can say I came to having a foodie peerage ceremony is
>having a Midrealm knight (Sir Emerich Wendel the Diversified) speak of
>my prowess with sharp steel weapons being as great as or greater than
>his own with blunt ones,

There was talk on the Caid list a while back where we cooking types were bragging
on about being authorized with live steel.

>and a scroll whose text was originally an
>Apician sausage recipe, suitably altered.

However did that read?  "Take ye fayre pork /and Adamanius/, add leaves of bay and
frye wele?"

Selene, Caid