[Sca-cooks] Stuffed carrots-what would happen if

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 16 13:05:16 PST 2002

>Gervase Markham boils his before carving. (Best's ed., p. 67)
>
>Cindy

Well, there is something.  I have tried the soaking in saltwater, which
works to some degree on different things (carrots, potatoes, turnips, etc.)
and carrots will still crack if they are woody to begin with.  We used that
method when I set my sights on making a chess set out of green and yellow
lentil pottage for the board and the pieces carved from carrots and turnips.
  It was a wimsy that worked rather well at high table to which it was
served prior to the beginning of feast.
Olwen
ps....one of you has a little surpise in the mail....!