[Sca-cooks] Cockatrice: Issue 13 OUT NOW!

Craig Jones. craig.jones at airservices.gov.au
Wed Jan 16 16:56:03 PST 2002

Shameless Plug:  I hoping it is not Spam because it is SCA-related,
with food content, and is strictly non-profit...

Oiyah Oiyah Oiyah, My Lords and My Ladies
(Oi it's so smaltzy)

We know you are thinking about your next project, feast, pavilion,
competition, play, brew, bread, game, dance, manuscript, weaving,
cross-stitch, cordial, event, sauce, drink, sword, shield,
breast-plate, <gasp> poem, song, story, trebuchet, tent, bed,
redaction, recipe, cape, cloak, shoe, boot, houppeland, 'bethan,
Burgundian, Celtic, Germanic, etc and we are here to help.

Cockatrice, Lochac's first and foremost arts and sciences magazine,
combines all of these ideas and more into a user-friendly package of
articles written by the populace for the populace. But it's more than
that.  It shows to the rest of the Known Worlde that Lochac has a
large number of talented members who are prepared to research
something they love.  People like you!

Cockatrice is not made up of just experts. It's people like you who
are proud to show what they have learned.  Cockatrice has a
subscription base that takes in all Kingdoms and is a shining jewel in
our crown.

Take a look at what is in the current issue:

* Food & Drink of Eastern Europe - Jadwiga Zajaczkowa
* Book Reviews - Marcus of Ironforge and Anton de Stoc
* Be pure, be vigilant, behave! A history of the Cathars - Eleanor de
  Breteuil
* On Personae - Hrölf Herjölfssen
* A Guide to feasting for "Newbies" - Michael of Galicia
* Jól Lights - Jófríðr Þorbjarnardóttir
* The Making of a Bone Archer's Ring - Kilic ibn Sungur ibn
  al-Kazganci al-Turhani
* Latin Collegium #4 - Stefano d'Urbino
* Card Games: Deck Types of the Middle Ages - Dareois the Vigilant
* AOA Scroll: Early Gothic - Rowan Peregrynne
* Medieval Crossword - Ysabella
* Entering an A&S Competition - Madilayn de Mer
* Labrynths - Crispin Sexi
* Words of Lochac Project - William Castille
* November Coronet 2001 Recipes - Nicolette du Fay
* Sources & ideas for reconstructing a 15th Century male suit of
  Clothes - Arenwald von Hagenburg
* Local Group A&S and Guild Contacts

Subscribe now and find out what the rest of the Known Worlde is fast
discovering. See the full index at our brand new (still under
construction - check back regularly) website:
www.sca.org.au/cockatrice

Cockatrice!  The arts and sciences magazine of the "Kingdom of
Lochac."  Be proud, buy Cockatrice.

Regards,

Baron Drake Morgan,
Cockatrice Promotional Team - Technical Support.

email: cockatrice at sca.org.au
website: www.sca.org.au/cockatrice

Overseas Subscription:
*	NZ: Four(4)issues at $Aust 32.00
*	USA: Four (4) issues at $Aust 40.00
*	Europe: Four (4) issues at $Aust 40.00
*	Yes I would like to subscribe, please advise overseas rates
for
.........(country)
*	Please send me back issues number(s) .......... at $10.00 per
issue

Australian Subscription:
*	Please send me four (4) issues of Cockatrice at $25.00
*	Please send me back issues number(s) ...................... at
$7.50
per issue

Please send cheques and money orders in $Aust funds ONLY and payable
"Melissa Hicks"

Please send correspondence to:
	Cockatrice
	GPO Box 2435