[Sca-cooks] Foodie Peerage Ceremonies

Elaine Koogler ekoogler011 at home.com
Thu Jan 17 07:22:29 PST 2002

Well, I guess the closest thing I can think of along these lines is that in
my own ceremony (we use the Four Worthies idea), three of the Four were
renowned cooks!  This will, of course be exceeded by the one we're preparing
for in February...a Laurel for a marvelous cook, where all of the Four will
be folks who have their Laurels in cooking (or at least partially so
;-))....but who, except in one case, have a second peerage (Knight, Pelican
and Lady of the Rose).  I think that is such a cool thing!!

Kiri

The closest I can say I came to having a foodie peerage ceremony is
having a Midrealm knight (Sir Emerich Wendel the Diversified) speak of
my prowess with sharp steel weapons being as great as or greater than
his own with blunt ones, and a scroll whose text was originally an
Apician sausage recipe, suitably altered.

Adamantius
--
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com