[Sca-cooks] Tips on Redactions

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 17 09:55:27 PST 2002

Mercy Neumark wrote:

> I'm interested in taking period recipes and figuring them out (doing
> redactions for them...that's the correct term, right?).  <snip>
>
> BTW, Dame Selene...I may torture you all on Wednesday's with my attempts.
> Be afraid.  Be VERY afraid. ;)

I will bravely face the peril!  I'm with His Grace here;  don't constrain
yourself with other people's redactions lest you repeat their mistakes, and use
modern cookbooks to get the correct cooking times but not for much else.  "Qan"
does include recipes with measurements, albeit not the same measurements that
we are used to.

Selene, Caid