[Sca-cooks] Tips on Redactions

jenne at fiedlerfamily.net jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Fri Jan 18 08:01:52 PST 2002

> Why not get this same info from a good cookbook that is
> specific to period cooking? Just because a roast is
> should be cooked to "medium rare" today, doesn't mean
> that is the way it was done in period.

I think the trouble is that Cariadoc is assuming that people, having a
redaction in hand, will simply not bother to think for themselves, or
experiment. Therefore it would be better to do the recipe according to
one's best, uninformed guess, than to listen to someone else's informed
opinion and decide whether to use it.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa